Together and with The Power of We, we can start a revolution. One Soul at a time... ~Jon Bon Jovi *** There's a Story on every street corner, my friend. All you have to do is open your eyes... ~Richie Sambora

Little Dog Lost...

Monday, April 5, 2010


It was a sad, sad weekend at Queenie’s castle. We suffered a heartbreaking loss in our family on Friday. Our beloved straw lab, Sandi, passed away Friday night. She was 16 and we knew that her days left with us weren’t going to be many, but this just came out of the blue and left us with a gaping hole in our hearts.

She came to us as a furry little stray puppy with no collar or tags. After posting flyers and running an ad in the paper with no response, we decided to keep her as our own. One of the best decisions we ever made. A better companion you will never find.

She was always there to greet us with a happy bark and a wag of the tail after a long day at work. She was also good for cleaning up your plate or she would just sit and look at you with those big eyes just waiting for you to drop a crumb or two for her.

Hub got home from work this morning and he called me as there was on one home to greet him when he came in the door. He has been struggling with this loss more than Little Man and I. He is an animal lover and was so attached to her. It’s going to take him a while to get past this.

Her dinner dish is still in the kitchen, her bed is still in our room and she will be forever in our hearts.

RIP Sandi… we miss you so very much!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  April 5, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

I'm so sorry, Queenie. It's always so sad when a beloved family member passes, and our pets are very much our family. My heart breaks for you. 16 was a good long life but that doesn't make it any easier.
{{hugs}}
Anastasia, ktfcoyote

Rike April 5, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

I know exactly how you feel. I was broken when my cat died after 14 years. I got her as a baby, she needs a baby bottle at that time.
big hugs to you and your family

Jen,  April 5, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like Sandi picked a good family to accompany her through life...I hope you find comfort in the memories of the good times you shared <3

The Goddess Hathor April 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Steph, I'm so sorry :( We lost our canine companion when I was a senior in high school; he lived with us for 12 years. I feel for you and your little man.

Hugs and love to you all.

~ Hath

Cheryl M April 5, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Oh Steph! I am so sorry to hear this news. I completely understand, since Wednesday will be the one year anniversary of my losing Toby.

Maybe the two of them are playing together on the Rainbow Bridge now....

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Love you!

TaraLeigh April 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Oh Queenie.
I'm sooo sorry. I know how bad it sucks to lose a pet. I'm totally tearing up here. it just SUCKS.

A whole lot of hugs from me to you.

Anonymous,  April 5, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

The neat thing about animals is that they love unconditionally. I was so choked up reading this. She looked like such a cutie. I'm sending big hugs your way.

Marcella

Bayaderra April 6, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

A big hug to you Steph. I have tears running down my face as I'm sitting here hugging my own senior citizen....who is purring and trying to nuzzle my face.

Post a Comment

Queenie would love to know who's following along. Comments are both encouraged and appreciated!

Queenie's Loyal Subjects

About Me

My photo
I am and always have been a Bon Jovi fan. This blog is just my obsession taken a step further, my imagination in high gear if you will. I love to read and decided to see what would happen when I took that love of the written word and ramped it up a bit.

You Can Go Home

Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation

The Traveling Guitar

What Q Has to Say

30th Anniversary Access Hollywood Advil Aftermath of the Lowdown Albums AMAs American Idol Articles Auctions Avon Awards Bamboozle Festival Because We Can Because We Can - the Tour Benefit Concert Biker Bash Billboard bits and bobs Bon Jovi Books Born to Be My Baby Bruce Springsteen Burning Bridges Calvin and Hobbes Campaign Can Do Awards Cari Quinn Characters Unite Christmas CNN Comics Concerts Contests Danny Gokey Daughtry David Bergman David Bryan Digital Download Disaster Aid Discography Diving Into Hampton Water Do What You Can DVDs DVR Alerts Extra Facebook Fan Club favorites Fictionistas Football Forbes Fun Stuff Fundraisers Golden Globes Golf Greatest Hits gulf shores Hamptons Happy Now Hard Rock Calling Holidays Hugh McDonald Hurricane Sandy In Memoriam Inside The Actor's Studio Interviews Jazz Fest Jennifer Nettles Jon Bon Jovi Jon Bon Jovi and Friends Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation Keep The Faith Kings of Suburbia Letterman London Love's The Only Rule Madison Square Garden Master Class MDA Telethon Memphis Merchandise Merry Christmas Midnight Mission Miscellaneous Mohegan Sun Montreal Movies MTV Awards Music New Jersey New Meadowlands Stadium New Years Eve News No Apologies NY Giants O2 Orianthi Out and About People Magazine Philadelphia Soul Philanthropy Pictures President Obama Promo Q Quebec quickie Rants Real Estate Rehab Reviews Richie Sambora Rock and Roll HOF Rock Band 3 Rock in Rio Rock of Ages rock star baby Rockin' Rio Royal Beach RSO Slippery When Wet SoHo Penthouse Soraia Soul Kitchen St. Bart's Story Updates Streaming Stumping Superman Tonight Superstorm Sandy TaraLeigh Taryn Elliott TDB Television The Band The Circle The Circle Tour The Grammys The Grove The Today Show The Tony's This Ain't A Love Song This House is Not For Sale This is Our House Throwback Thursday Tickets Tico Torres Tour Dates Toxic Avenger Tribeca Film Festival Twilight Twilight Saga Valentine's Day VH1 Videos Washington DC wayback wednesday We Weren't Born to Follow Webcast What About Now What Do You Got When We Were Beautiful White House Council White Trash Beautiful Wine WTC Anniversary WTF You Can Go Home

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP