Together and with The Power of We, we can start a revolution. One Soul at a time... ~Jon Bon Jovi *** There's a Story on every street corner, my friend. All you have to do is open your eyes... ~Richie Sambora

What a Day!

Friday, October 23, 2009

So, my little experience had to be about the craziest thing I have ever done. I left my house Wednesday afternoon at 3:15 and headed to my friend Tara’s house. Got there about 7:00 p.m. after only two wrong turns this time and that's not bad considering my lack of sense of direction.

Her friend SamboraStar came over shortly after that, we had pizza, talked, watched some seriously naughty Jovi (Rio - circa 1990). Took a shower and hit the sheets around 11:00 p.m. The annoying buzzing alarm went off at 2:20 a.m. and we were up, dressed and out the door at 3 to pick up her girlfriends and head down to East Rutherford, New Jersey!

After two potty stops and some much needed coffee we landed at the Meadowlands at 7:30 and were in line by 7:50. There were about 100 people or so ahead of us already at that point. come to find out, some people had showed up at midnight to wait. And I thought I was crazy.

We saw Sam and BigAppleJoviGirl before and after the show. The line steadily grew and the crowding to the front started and drew the attention of one of the staffers who came by with a worthless bull horn telling everyone that there was no need to push or crowd and once inside not to run.

Just shy of 11 they started letting us in. They checked bags and tickets and we were good to go. We ended up about 8-10 rows back right between the white mic and Richie. Though “Big Tall Guy” was right in front of me and every time I moved, he moved and damn if half my pictures don't contain the back of his ugly head. Bastard.

The set list was short, only six songs: Who Says, We Weren’t Born to Follow, Bad Name, Wanted, It’s My Life and Prayer. The guys all looked amazing and Jon was in a great mood. We Weren't Born to Follow totally rocked live. And Richie's solo was amazing! We had a great time despite the brevity of the show. Even the weather cooperated. It couldn’t have been better for the end of October.

We got back to the car at just after 1 and decided to just hang out for a little bit before trying to get out of the lot. Sam found us and come to find out her ride parked right in front of us! We chatted for a few minutes and they took off as BAJG had to go to work yesterday afternoon.

Rutpop found us next. Met her husband and talked with them too. KTFcoyote found us too. After chatting a bit more we piled into Tara’s car and headed to find some food before making out way back to Albany. After dropping off her friends I got back into my own car around 7 and finally landed at castle de Queenie at 10:45. After being awake for nearly 20 hours yesterday, I have a feeling I’m going to be sleeping all weekend just to catch up.

All in all, it was a great experience and I’m glad I got the chance to go.

Oh, have ya'll seen the new stadium? It's freaking huge and supposedly holds 80+ thousand people. Can't hardly wait to see a show there. Wonder how much those tickets will be?

Here are some of the pictures I took yesterday. I know the date is splashed all over them, but I don't know how to shut that feature off and forgot to ask the Hub before I left Wednesday. Dammit. I tried to crop it out and managed to do so in some pics and not in others. At least "Big Tall Guy" got some of his head cropped out of most of them.














5 comments:

Anonymous,  October 23, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Great review Queenie and thank you for the pictures-very nice-easy on the eye too.

I am all geared up for the upcoming tour-checking out cities and dates trying to decide which one I can attend.

Thanks again

Bonnie

Big Apple Jen October 24, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

It was a darn good morning indeed! I am SO GLAD you were able to come and that we actually found eachother!

Yes, the show was brief ... but it rocked! And, it was nice to be so close ... probably the last time I'll be that close unless I win the frickin' lottery.

Gorgeous weather. Great music. Good friends. Doesn't get much better than that!

rutpop October 24, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

I just kept saying it was the best day ever and my friends reminded me that I say that every time I have a Jovi adventure. Oh well it's true afterall what could be better than spending a gorgeous fall day with old and new friends and the hotest & best musicians on the planet. Life is Good!!
I was so thrilled to be able to find you girls and say hello. Cant wait to see you all again and hang for longer next time.

Joviswoman October 26, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

Great review, made me lol in places.

There's ALWAYS Big Tall Bashdid at whatever show ya go to. Marie 'accidentally' kneed the one at BSC concert and he took hint and shifted. Her knees are sharp lmao.

Great pics too.

Victoria N (facebook),  October 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

D*mn! i wish I had known you were going too I would have tried to catch up with you and finally meet you!! Tori

Post a Comment

Queenie would love to know who's following along. Comments are both encouraged and appreciated!

Queenie's Loyal Subjects

About Me

My photo
I am and always have been a Bon Jovi fan. This blog is just my obsession taken a step further, my imagination in high gear if you will. I love to read and decided to see what would happen when I took that love of the written word and ramped it up a bit.

You Can Go Home

Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation

The Traveling Guitar

What Q Has to Say

30th Anniversary Access Hollywood Advil Aftermath of the Lowdown Albums AMAs American Idol Articles Auctions Avon Awards Bamboozle Festival Because We Can Because We Can - the Tour Benefit Concert Biker Bash Billboard bits and bobs Bon Jovi Books Born to Be My Baby Bruce Springsteen Burning Bridges Calvin and Hobbes Campaign Can Do Awards Cari Quinn Characters Unite Christmas CNN Comics Concerts Contests Danny Gokey Daughtry David Bergman David Bryan Digital Download Disaster Aid Discography Diving Into Hampton Water Do What You Can DVDs DVR Alerts Extra Facebook Fan Club favorites Fictionistas Football Forbes Fun Stuff Fundraisers Golden Globes Golf Greatest Hits gulf shores Hamptons Happy Now Hard Rock Calling Holidays Hugh McDonald Hurricane Sandy In Memoriam Inside The Actor's Studio Interviews Jazz Fest Jennifer Nettles Jon Bon Jovi Jon Bon Jovi and Friends Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation Keep The Faith Kings of Suburbia Letterman London Love's The Only Rule Madison Square Garden Master Class MDA Telethon Memphis Merchandise Merry Christmas Midnight Mission Miscellaneous Mohegan Sun Montreal Movies MTV Awards Music New Jersey New Meadowlands Stadium New Years Eve News No Apologies NY Giants O2 Orianthi Out and About People Magazine Philadelphia Soul Philanthropy Pictures President Obama Promo Q Quebec quickie Rants Real Estate Rehab Reviews Richie Sambora Rock and Roll HOF Rock Band 3 Rock in Rio Rock of Ages rock star baby Rockin' Rio Royal Beach RSO Slippery When Wet SoHo Penthouse Soraia Soul Kitchen St. Bart's Story Updates Streaming Stumping Superman Tonight Superstorm Sandy TaraLeigh Taryn Elliott TDB Television The Band The Circle The Circle Tour The Grammys The Grove The Today Show The Tony's This Ain't A Love Song This House is Not For Sale This is Our House Throwback Thursday Tickets Tico Torres Tour Dates Toxic Avenger Tribeca Film Festival Twilight Twilight Saga Valentine's Day VH1 Videos Washington DC wayback wednesday We Weren't Born to Follow Webcast What About Now What Do You Got When We Were Beautiful White House Council White Trash Beautiful Wine WTC Anniversary WTF You Can Go Home

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP