Together and with The Power of We, we can start a revolution. One Soul at a time... ~Jon Bon Jovi *** There's a Story on every street corner, my friend. All you have to do is open your eyes... ~Richie Sambora

Yet Another Obsession...

Thursday, May 14, 2009



American Idol. I watch faithfully every week, hope for the best and pray that my favorite gets through to the next week. My pick this year to at least get to the final was Danny Gokey. He was the guy who auditioned four weeks after burying his wife and 10 months later, look at how much he accomplished.

Spoiler Alert!!!! (if you don't want to know what happened, stop reading right now!!)

Sadly, Danny didn't make it. Kris Allen, the dark horse throughout the competition and Adam Lambert, fan and judge favorite from day one, will be competing for that coveted Idol crown next Tuesday. Aside from the scream from hell at the end of Dream On last week, Danny was consistent from week to week. He was never in the bottom three, but, still, he got voted off last night. I hope that, like Chris Daughtry, he goes on to bigger and much better things and we get an album from him in the next year.

I found a video from Rat Pack week when he did Come Rain, Come Shine. It was one of my favorite performances. He had a lot of what Simon called "swagger" that week. I think that was the week he finally started to believe he might actually win this thing.




(this first part he was with Jamie Foxx who was mentoring the kids that week. He starts singing at about 1:11 or so)

I have a couple songs too, You Are So Beautiful (my other absolutely favorite performance) and Stand By Me.




This guy has a great voice (he's got that whole raspy thing going on) and, like I said, I hope to hear more from him in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

Funny I was going to mention Idol on my post about the book and movie! I've just watched Adam do his version of 'One' and was blown away. Now I really can't wait until I see them in London in August. As for Idol, you Americans have such a better show than we have in the UK. I can't decide between Adam and Danny though.

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Ok, I posted without reading your post properly (duh!) Oh well, my money is on Adam now Danny has gone. Not sure how Chris has stayed in so long. Can't wait to see the results show here tomorrow

Vicki

Post a Comment

Queenie would love to know who's following along. Comments are both encouraged and appreciated!

Queenie's Loyal Subjects

About Me

My photo
I am and always have been a Bon Jovi fan. This blog is just my obsession taken a step further, my imagination in high gear if you will. I love to read and decided to see what would happen when I took that love of the written word and ramped it up a bit.

You Can Go Home

Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation

The Traveling Guitar

What Q Has to Say

30th Anniversary Access Hollywood Advil Aftermath of the Lowdown Albums AMAs American Idol Articles Auctions Avon Awards Bamboozle Festival Because We Can Because We Can - the Tour Benefit Concert Biker Bash Billboard bits and bobs Bon Jovi Books Born to Be My Baby Bruce Springsteen Burning Bridges Calvin and Hobbes Campaign Can Do Awards Cari Quinn Characters Unite Christmas CNN Comics Concerts Contests Danny Gokey Daughtry David Bergman David Bryan Digital Download Disaster Aid Discography Diving Into Hampton Water Do What You Can DVDs DVR Alerts Extra Facebook Fan Club favorites Fictionistas Football Forbes Fun Stuff Fundraisers Golden Globes Golf Greatest Hits gulf shores Hamptons Happy Now Hard Rock Calling Holidays Hugh McDonald Hurricane Sandy In Memoriam Inside The Actor's Studio Interviews Jazz Fest Jennifer Nettles Jon Bon Jovi Jon Bon Jovi and Friends Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation Keep The Faith Kings of Suburbia Letterman London Love's The Only Rule Madison Square Garden Master Class MDA Telethon Memphis Merchandise Merry Christmas Midnight Mission Miscellaneous Mohegan Sun Montreal Movies MTV Awards Music New Jersey New Meadowlands Stadium New Years Eve News No Apologies NY Giants O2 Orianthi Out and About People Magazine Philadelphia Soul Philanthropy Pictures President Obama Promo Q Quebec quickie Rants Real Estate Rehab Reviews Richie Sambora Rock and Roll HOF Rock Band 3 Rock in Rio Rock of Ages rock star baby Rockin' Rio Royal Beach RSO Slippery When Wet SoHo Penthouse Soraia Soul Kitchen St. Bart's Story Updates Streaming Stumping Superman Tonight Superstorm Sandy TaraLeigh Taryn Elliott TDB Television The Band The Circle The Circle Tour The Grammys The Grove The Today Show The Tony's This Ain't A Love Song This House is Not For Sale This is Our House Throwback Thursday Tickets Tico Torres Tour Dates Toxic Avenger Tribeca Film Festival Twilight Twilight Saga Valentine's Day VH1 Videos Washington DC wayback wednesday We Weren't Born to Follow Webcast What About Now What Do You Got When We Were Beautiful White House Council White Trash Beautiful Wine WTC Anniversary WTF You Can Go Home

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP